MORE PUBLISHERS THAN EVER
Paris Cookbook Fair adds one more day in 2012. The reason is simple : the amount of trade between publishers is so important that we needed one more professional day. Stands are sold out, thanks to the market leaders - Hachette, Phaidon, Flammarion, Alain Ducasse, Grub Street, Wine Appreciation Guild, Biblioteca Culinaria, China Light Industry Press, Larousse, Arkaim, etc - but also thanks to new exhibitors such as Taschen, Murdoch Books, Zabert Sandmann, Kyle Books, and many more. Many publishers have chosen to visit the fair as VIP-Professionals, which gives them access to the catalog, two five-day passes, and invitations for the Gourmand Awards on Tuesday 6 and the Great Opening Party on Wensday 7.
With one more day, the schedule is now impressive. 70 demonstrations ! Some of the biggest French chefs such as Michel Roux, Pierre Gagnaire, Michel Roth, Jean-François Piège or Christophe Felder are presenting their books in giant masterclasses. The international stars are also present : Chef Ramzi, Chef Wan, Chakall, Steffen Henssler, Vefa Alexiadou, Rocky Singh, Jimmy Yang Jimey, Julie Biuso, James McIntosh and many more will perform live on the kitchens.
Paris Cookbook Fair has three press agencies : L'Arrière-cuisine (in Paris), Buch Contact (in Berlin), and Alex Hippisley-Cox (in London). Requests for press badges are beyond all expectations.
- Each one of these highlights has its own space at the fair :
- - Malaysian Tribal Food, organised by Chef Wan
- - Treasures of Chinese luxury printing, organised by Artron
- - The Wine Penthatlon, organised by Baco Club (Argentina)
- - The best antique cookbooks, organised by the expert Henri-Pierre Millescamps
- - Cookbook Binding, an international contest organised by Jean-Pierre Fournier
- - Over 60 wine tastings at the international bar
- - Premium beers from all over the world, organised by Brewberry (Paris)
- - Spanish products (ham, olive oil, wine) with the best Spanish cookbooks
- - Over 40 conferences with the biggest stars of the sector
- - A digital area with the newest apps and e-cookbooks
- - The huge Gourmand Awards Library, including all the winners by countries of 2011
- Two big parties :
- - The Gourmand Awards Ceremony, at les Folies Bergère. Followed by a cocktail with Champagne Gosset, Cognac Frapin, François Lurton wines and Wodka Potocki.
- - The Grand Opening Party, at the Paris Cookbook Fair. With a special menu by L'Arome (excellent parisian restaurant) on the french show kitchen, Swedish delights on the international show kitchen, spanish ham served by Breads and Roses (delicatessen bakery located in the historical Hermes building), foie gras by l'Association du Foie Gras du Périgord, an Italian buffet by Samesa, Malaysian tribal food, the finest premium beers, and of course Champagne Gosset, Cognac Frapin, François Lurton wines and Wodka Potocki.